Re: [pygame] Using PyOpenGL for 2D graphics

On Tue, July 10, 2007 8:32 am, Simon Oberhammer wrote:
> you might also want to checkout soya3d, it handles smooth landscape
> generation from heightmap, billboards and has several predefined
> camera-modes. doesn't offer anything to help you with the interface
> though.
>
> http://home.gna.org/oomadness/en/soya3d/tutorials/index.html

I looked into Soya. My trouble with that engine was that I wasn't able to
import new models into the thing, and that somebody mentioned having
trouble getting the thing to run.

There's also Panda3D, which is sort of a Python wrapper and actually
includes Python in its download version. That one seems to have its own
special EXE builder, so you can't just build your application your own
way.