Re: [pygame] Microphone input

Gregg Lind wrote:
Hello List!

I've been working on a Karaoke Revolution clone for a while, and I keep butting my head up against getting the microphone input to work well. I'm using PyMedia but I don't really like it very much. I don't really understand it's data model
well, and it's documentation is poor (IMHO).  It also doesn't feel very
python-ish to me. Can anyone suggest some other package (I've looked at PyAudio -- no microphone and .23 sec latency on my machine, Snack -- needs tcl / tk), or
does anyone have knowledge of pyaudio.

Basically the problem in a nutshell:

1.  Audio comes in on the mic and...
2. Some sampled window (help with this from someone who does spectral analysis would be appreciated) of data goes off to be pitch tracked (I use a Harmonic
Product Spectrum) to get the fundamental.
3. Simultaneously, the audio goes to audio out to played (with as short a
latency as is possible)

So, any help is very appreciated.
You could look into pyspeex, but the speex codec is designed for voice only and to be highly compressed,
so it might sound kinda crappy :)
-Luke