Re: [pygame] time progression independent of game "ticks"

"Simon Wittber" <simonwittber@xxxxxxxxx>
> On 7/20/07, Daniel Nixon <dan.nixon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> What is the best way to go about such a thing? Use MVC and run the
>> model in its own thread? If that is the case what is the best way to
>> keep track of the passage of actual time within the model?
>
> This may or may not help:
>
> http://entitycrisis.blogspot.com/2007/07/general-pygame-main-loop.html

In that post you say the benefits of a fixed sim tick step are not
immediately apparent, and yet the benefits to network game synchronization
is obvious.

Could you go into more detail? I don't see why fixed sim ticks are any
better than variable sim ticks for networked games.

-Dave LeCompte