[pygame] immediate mode not working?

Hello there,

I open python 2.5.2 and pygame 1.7.1 is being used on the MSDOS command prompt, I initialize python and create a display, and the window opens normally. The problem arises when I try to blit to the screen display. I thought that was an issue in the IDLE shell, but the same problem happens on MSDOS .

Ironically I tried it on the python shell of GIMP(GNU Image Manipulation Program) and there everything seems to go by normally(well at least I can blit surfaces to the screen display).

What could be going on?

Cheers.