Re: [pygame] Guidelines for sound?

To be more explicit - the intent with pygame 1.8.1 is that you will not need to manage this problem - and the audio should work without crackle pop or significant lag on all platforms using the default mixer init settings.

...However pygame 1.8.0 has a fairly serious bug where the mixer settings are always clobbered to values that are likely to produce crackle and pop problems on systems that are suceptible to the problem, and no init setting tweaking can fix that.

...Or to put it another way - if this issue is important to you, please try 1.8.1 and report any problems with it.