Re: [pygame] The gsoc physics module, bug fixing?

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your careful attention to my works :-)
I use OpenGL just for testing physics algorithms in C because this's no need for python wrapper, I can focus more on finishing algorithms first. Of course, finally, this testing method will be abandoned, which means glut is no need to link.
Currently I start with some works about python wrapping, and I finished some codes and extended some basic functions for python wrapping. The python test file "test1.py" is being under test, and there are some bugs in python wrapping.  I plan to publish my work to the community when these basic works have been done.

Best wishes
Zhang Fan

Peter Gebauer <peter.gebauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 写道:
Hi guys!

I noticed a lot has happened, but very little communication here, is
everything going alright? :)
There's a new test1.py suggesting there would be Python side testing
available, but I keep getting

ImportError: ./build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.5/physics.so: undefined symbol:
glutBitmap9By15

when trying to import the physics module.

Is it necessary to link glut (or whatever is needed) to test? Or should I
just hold my horses and settle down for a while longer?

/Peter

On 2008-06-29 (Sun) 15:30, Marcus von Appen wrote:
> On, Sun Jun 29, 2008, Peter Gebauer wrote:
>
> > Hi Zhang and others!
>
> [Python wrapper issues]
>
> The wrapper implementation is not really started yet, so it's a bit
> early. In order to keep argument parsing flexible, I'd recommend using
> METH_VARARGS and PyArg_ParseTuple() instead of the _0, ... macros. This
> let's one easily enhance anything without the need to change too much
> code. Additionally you can let the parser handle argument checking
> without the need to deal with ex- or implicit object conversions.
>
> Regards
> Marcus

雅虎邮箱,您的终生邮箱!