Re: [pygame] phpbb forum missing at pygame.org website

you can go here to read/post through the web too:
http://groups.google.com.au/group/pygame-mirror-on-google-groups

There's also some external forums about pygame on other sites.

The reasons we've chosen not to include a forum on the website:
- keep the website concentrating on making and discussing games.
    - you can comment on projects for example... it's like a forum
    - more games, less talk about cats.
- keep conversation concentrated in one spot, ie the mailing list.
    - we also like to keep -dev talk, and people using pygame in the same place.
        - this is so the devs can answer questions, and also so people
using pygame can talk about improvements to pygame.  The people who
use pygame are the people who improve it.
    - even bugs and patches are in the mailing list.

- forums take a bit of admin work, like spam reduction, updating buggy software.
    - notice how there's hardly any spam on this mailing list?

We do have plans for the commenting/chat parts of project
discussion... like notifications when someone comments on your game,
or when someone comments on a project you like.  They're on the todo
list, and will eventually get done :)

So those are the reasons... I don't think we'll add another forum like
phpbb anytime soon... but we will include some of the features, and
try to keep things focused on projects.

cheers,