Re: [pygame] AI Module (was: Perlin Noise Function)

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 7:56 PM, kschnee <kschnee@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I was working with the assumption of this stuff being for a module outside
> of Pygame.

Of course, I can have no objections of any kind to that. Your library.
By all means go ahead and develop it.
I might even be persuaded to give the occasional hand on such a
project, if the implementation were pure python.

> What do you think of a not-just-dialog, yet simple, AI system suitable for
> RPGs? Something that lets you offer a few kinds of interaction like
> starting a shop screen, asking them to join you, or asking about some
> topic? As with the pathfinding thing, part of the trouble would be with
> making it generic enough to work with the various forms of movement &c that
> people would use.

I think it makes sense to make the system pygame agnostic, so it could
conceivably be used with text-based games as well.
This enlarges your potential userbase even further.