[pygame] Antialiasing OpenGL

Hi,

For a while, I've simply been doing:
pygame.display.gl_set_attribute(GL_MULTISAMPLEBUFFERS,1)
pygame.display.gl_set_attribute(GL_MULTISAMPLESAMPLES,1)

Which seemed to produce decent results.  Today, I found that by raising the number of the second function to 2, 4, 8, etc. I could get much better results.  I'm aware of how OpenGL does multisampling versus supersampling.  But what does GL_MULTISAMPLEBUFFERS correspond to?  An extra buffer for accumulating samples?

Also, I've found that pygame.display.gl_get_attribute(GL_MULTISAMPLESAMPLES) always returns 1.

Help?

Thanks,
Ian