Re: [pygame] are individual midi instruments sounds copyrighted

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I don't think that this isn't really a list
for legal issues related to music. But, for what it's worth, that
website you link looks very old. Perhaps you should consult with a
copyright lawyer who is up to date with current developments in the
law and recent precedent. Anyway, you could always play a midi file
directly, and the user's own sound card will render it into audio,
using the user's own instrument sounds.