Re: [pygame] are individual midi instruments sounds copyrighted

I find Luke's argument pretty convincing... again, I'm not a lawyer
either, but perhaps the situation is analogous to typefaces? As you
may know, the type foundry does not have control over how its typeface
is used after they sell it to you, and you don't have to pay royalties
for using it. Again, it would be best to talk to an actual
intellectual property rights lawyer. I'm curious as to what he/she
says about the issue.