Re: Re: Re: [pygame] Pygame-UI: UI Component Framework for python and pygame

Ok about menu, you meant a full hierarchical menu. About the callback I would keep the callback system and still implement an events system. If you want to start the menu implementation yourself feel free to do so but still we should probably have a talk about how to inherit the base component. I can however implement such a menu in a rather short time so in any way feel free to contact me at Skype: sauron_bg

---- OriginalMessage ----
From: "inigo.delgado@xxxxxxxxx" <inigo.delgado@xxxxxxxxx>
To: pygame-users@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, Jul 01, 2011, 11:50 AM
Subject: Re: Re: [pygame] Pygame-UI: UI Component Framework for python and pygame

Events:

I dont understand what do you want to do know. I'd do callbacks -like you have- and are pretty flexible. (and you should do a callback from a collection to its childs if and only if the mouse is in -over- the container, if it's out of collection is out of its childs) But I dont understand what you want to do with 'change to events'.

To have all items in an.... array... and test if the clisk is done over all of them?

I prefer callbacks...

Menu:

Buf... have to go. Let's say that I want a phone-friendly menu (clipable, scrollable and with submenus that way:

1 menu item
2 menu submenu item
3 menu item

1 menu item
2 menu submenu item
  2.1 submenu item
  2.2 submenu item
3 menu item

)

Also the submenus should can be opened in standar way for a standar menu in a cool GUI...

1 menu item
2 menu submenu item
3 menu item

1 menu item
2 menu submenu item 2.1 submenu item
3 menu item               2.2 submenu item

As said, i've to go.

:wq

Agur