Re: [pygame] FULLSCREEN or ~FULLSCREEN?

On Mon, 04 Jul 2011 23:44 -0700, "Brian Fisher" <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On windows and mac, pygame's normal fullscreen is A, and can be susceptible to the same debug and crash problems with a fullscreen app locking up your system that you describe on Linux. On mac in particular, type A (exclusive fullscreen mode) actually blocks alt-tab as well, which means a hung or unresponsive app can hang up the system as well, which sucks.

I've noticed the same thing on Linux, something I would like to fix at some point. It seems to catch ALL input, meaning not only does Alt+Tab not work, Ctrl+Alt+Left/Right to switch workspaces doesn't work, nor do any of the media keys to change volume, screen brightness etc. I would prefer if the fullscreen worked similar to other programs such as Totem or Banshee, these programs don't block any input, they also allow you to Alt+Tab to another window and the fullscreen program remains fullscreen in the background. This would provide much better desktop integration features.

Thanks,
Sam Bull