Re: [pygame] static linking SDL, SDL_image, SDL_mixer etc on OS X

Renà Dudfield wrote:
Instead, I could try and put the SDL*.framework into the site-packages/pygame folder. That would give the same benefits of making the install easier I think. It would mean, not requiring root access to install pygame.

I'd be wary about doing anything non-standard with frameworks.
If the user *does* happen to have an SDL framework installed
in one of the usual places, he will probably expect that
version to be used rather than one buried somewhere unexpected.

Frameworks can be installed in ~/Library/Frameworks without
requiring root access.

--
Greg