Re: [pygame] Percentage sizing/positioning of GUI widgets

Hello,

I don't have a solution, or a direct response to your questions, but offer some related ideas to consider...

Have you seen grids?
    http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/scaffolding.html
    http://sonspring.com/journal/960-grid-system

Another way is to layout in say 320x200 and then scale everything from that.

Responsive design is about having different layouts at different resolutions.  Imagine a wide 1080p screen, and a narrow mobile phone screen.  They both have different aspect ratios, and number of pixels.  Using different layouts makes sense in that case.  So you might have your widgets one above the other horizontally in the phone view, but have them from left to right in the big screen view.  This is similar to the "media" attribute of style sheets where you can have a different style sheet for projectors, screens, or printers.
    http://www.alistapart.com/articles/responsive-web-design/

cya.