[pygame] Pygame on Mac OS X 10.8 "Mountain Lion"

Folks,
I was happily running a pygame app using a standard install of Python 2.7.3 (not the Apple pre-install) on Mac OS X 10.7 "Lion".  Used IDLE as the "control panel".

Then I installed OS X 10.8 "Mountain Lion" and my app didn't work anymore.  Looked like a conflict between 32-bit and 64-bit versions of various modules(e.g., had to add the 64-bit version to the -arch options for the compiler).  Didn't find a binary install of pygame for Mountain Lion, so I did a reinstall from source, generally following the instructions on:
http://pygame.org/wiki/MacCompile
but updating environment variables and modules (e.g., the various SDL packages) to their latest, purportedly 64-bit compatible, versions.

Almost there, but get one remaining error when loading the app.  When importing the pygame base.so I get:
Symbol not found: _SDL_EnableUNICODE

My guess is that this symbol no longer exists in the current SDL modules, but the latest pygame still refers to it.

Any help here?  Once I get through this (and any other remaining :-) problem(s) I should be good to go.  And I'll be happy to update the MacCompile webpage to reflect what I've learned.

Mike