De: "adam hasvers" <adam.hasvers@xxxxxxx>
Ã: pygame-users@xxxxxxxx
EnvoyÃ: Jeudi 3 Juillet 2014 00:00:45
Objet: Re: [pygame] Complete strategy/narrative game

Thanks to everyone who has already replied, and thanks Thomas for the torrent! I have to learn to make that as well for next time.

As the game may seem a bit esoteric, I've made a (very preliminary) website with a paste of the readme and a barebones gameplay tutorial that includes some screenshots and possibly helpful directions. Or you can probably print it and turn it into a flipbook.

http://adam.hasvers.free.fr/

A real doc is in the works.
I'd love to have more comments from gamedevs on how to streamline the experience; the indie scene is excellent at perfect gameplay fetichism and I've much to learn on that side.

For the anecdotal side of it, it was really exciting to develop this entirely from the ground up in pygame. Who would have thought that the single thing to teach me most about programming would be making an Undo/Redo system for the editor? I'm hoping to finish cleaning it and release it soon (although I learnt everything as I went so my architecture is completely crazy)

Cheers to everyone and happy game making.

Hasvers