Re: [pygame] Re: Need a lot of help with 'virtual' board game

Folks!

Thanks for the discussion. Very helpful. I'm a newbie also with
pygame. Not very far along with python either.

Thanks Michael for starting the discussion. The advice to work on
parts of the stuff and to find examples is important. I have written a
lot of software in other languages and those ideas were fundamental to
my mastery of those environments. Above all, "IF YOU'RE NOT
COMFORTABLE AND HAVING FUN AS YOU WORK, YOU'RE F*CKING UP!" Keeping
problems small relative to one's level of competence is fundamental to
our bliss. Always keep the tasks simple, keeping in mind that what is
simple grows as one's competence grows.

Also, if possible, begin a project using the framework someone else
has built for a similar application.  The Pygame site contains and
links to lots of game apps. Many of them include valuable commentary.

Regards,

Tom

--
Faced with the possibility of its extinction, every species finds
within itself powers unimaginable in the days of its complacency.