Re: [pygame] Re: Need a lot of help with 'virtual' board game

On Tue, 2015-06-30 at 18:51 -0700, Michael wrote:
> For my game I want territories that are different shapes, not tiles, is it
> done the same way? or is there another process completely?

You basically just need to work out what you want, then figure out a way
to go about it, programming is very free-form. For example, if I were
creating a Risk board, one approach could be:

        Create an image of the board.
        Save the countries as coordinates that refer to the centre of
        the country.
        For each country, save a list of countries that are connected.
        When units are in a country, display them at the centre
        coordinate.
        When moving, only allow a unit to move to one of the connected
        countries.

Hope that gives you an idea.