[pygame] Which project is actually pygame2?

[1] here's an overview of the new features of the SDL2 api

- https://wiki.libsdl.org/MigrationGuide
- http://blog.stuff-o-matic.com/post/2013/09/15/ASGP-s-Android-Port-Part-II%3A-from-SDL-1.2-to-SDL-2.

[2] I'm confused by all the forks/patches. I am not clear which is official. I'm not even sure which one someone should contribute to?

- âpygame2
ÂÂÂ - Maybe another name of one of the below?
- pysdl2
  - Continued from pySDL
ÂÂÂ - is not pygame_sdl2
ÂÂÂ - https://bitbucket.org/marcusva/py-sdl2/downloads
- pyreloadedâ
ÂÂÂ - Maybe an old name for pygame2?
- âRen'Py
ÂÂÂ - aka pygame_sdl2
ÂÂÂ - https://github.com/renpy/pygame_sdl2
- Lindstrom Pygame 1.9.2 patch, https://bitbucket.org/llindstrom/pygame-1.10-patch
ÂÂÂ - Uses SDL2, but maintains backward compatible pygame1 api

[3]
â> The structure of SDL 2 differs from SDL 1.2â

Does this mean pygame2 should not start off using the 1.9.2 patch?

How important is keeping 100% backward compatibility of SDL1 in pygame2?
is. Will that end up mixing new and old rendering methods? Or is it worth making older code easier to port?

âI know SDL2 does drop some support for some old platforms like Mac OS 9.â

âThanks,
--
Jake