Re: [pygame] What's next for Pygame project?

On Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 10:05 AM, Paul Vincent Craven <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Odds and ends:
  • ââ
    A big limitation on SDL 2.0 for me was the lack of good primitive drawing commands. Drawing lines, rectangles, etc. were limited to 1 pixel.
âygame used gfx so Pygame2 will probably have SDL2_gfx
http://www.ferzkopp.net/Software/SDL2_gfx/Docs/html/index.htmlâ

Using oldschool pixel rendering is slow on hardware.

â> I don't think a Pygame website needs to be build on Python. I've got the pygame.info domain and I think a Wordpress site that has several verified contributers would be the way to go. Share the 'love' and efforts across several people.

I think you're right.â In the past only a couple people had control on rebuilding the site. If they went MIA or needed help it stalled since nobody could coordinate easily.
--
Jake