[pygame] What's next for Pygame project?

I haven't been paying close attention to Pygame, but it doesn't seem controversial to say things have stalled. I haven't gotten much feedback from Rene, but I'd like to give him time to put something together. Some of the main things that may need help are:

* Getting 1.9.2 actually released
* Moving on to "Pygame 2", whatever that means
* Catch up on the Bitbucket pull requests
* Website replacement and love
* Migrate forum to Reddit (or community forum)

It seems there are still many great people involved with the Pygame project. Perhaps I can help by getting those people the control they need to make progress. I'm completely detached from things at this point, so I don't have any context to jump in and try to change anything. What parts of the project are going well these days?