Re: [pygame] What's next for Pygame project?

On 07/10/2015 09:47 PM, Peter Shinners wrote:
I haven't been paying close attention to Pygame, but it doesn't seem controversial to say things have stalled.
Not at all, unfortunately.
* Getting 1.9.2 actually released
At the least we need a stable release so that Python 3 support can land in official repositories.
* Moving on to "Pygame 2", whatever that means
I don't know how the rest of the mailing list feels, but looking at SDL 2 (perhaps along the lines of Ren'Py's pygame_sdl2 project?) seems like a decent starting point.
* Catch up on the Bitbucket pull requests
It seems there are still many great people involved with the Pygame project. Perhaps I can help by getting those people the control they need to make progress.
We're suffering from a lack of people who have the time and power to review and approve the PRs as much as anything.
* Website replacement and love
It's definitely overdue for an overhaul, I'd be willing to work on that if I can get some information on what server-side tools are available (time for some modern Python web frameworks and templating abilities!).
* Migrate forum to Reddit (or community forum)
I would suggest checking out Discourse, it seems like a pretty well engineered solution, much better than phpBB would be at the least!
I'm completely detached from things at this point, so I don't have any context to jump in and try to change anything. What parts of the project are going well these days?
People are still writing cool stuff in Pygame and bugs seem to still be getting fixed.