[pygame] Re: Starting the pygame 2 series

Hello,

after merging the API cleanup stuff, I'd like to start cleaning up the top level of the repo.
The goal is to reduce the number of files in there, so that it's easier for newbies to figure out where things are.

The main open questions for me:
- I'm not sure 'buildconfig' is the best name... for basically build related stuff.
- MANIFEST.in (is there a way to do this with newer python?)
- mingw support... do we still have it? Is it desirable now that MS makes versions of their compilers free?

The rest see below...

cheers,

.gdbinit [delete it?]
.hgignore [delete it]
appveyor -> buildconfig/ci/
configtest [delete it? is mingw/msys working?] OR buildconfig

.travis* -> buildconfig/ci/ buildconfig/ci/travis/ [things useful for any CI moved out of .travis, .travis.yml has to stay in root?]
docs
examples
lib -> [rename to pygame?]
manylinux-build -> buildconfig
obj -> buildconfig
src [C files, might be nice to have that in the name somehow?]
symbian [delete it]
test [most other things use 'tests' these days]
trackmod [deleted?]
.hgignore [deleted]
appveyor.yml [can we move it to ci/, and use settings on the web somehow?]
bdist_mpkg_support.py [delete it]
bundle_docs.py -> buildconfig/ [we are not using this at the moment?]
check_test.py [delete it]
CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md -> [delete it, section in readme covers it]
config*.py -> buildconfig/
configure [delete it, no one actually uses it I think]
distutils_mods.py -> buildconfig/
dll.py -> [delete it? mingw not working anymore?]
install.html [delete it, covered in readme and /GettingStarted on web]
install.txt [delete it, covered in readme and /GettingStarted on web]
LGPL [delete, link in readme]
LICENSE [delete, link in readme]
Makefile
MANIFEST.in [is this still needed with modern distutils?]
mingw32compiler.py [delete? minw doesn't work on windows now?] -> buildconfig
minw32distutils.py [delete? minw doesn't work on windows now?] -> buildconfig
mingwcfg.py [delete? minw doesn't work on windows now?] -> buildconfig
msysio.py -> ci/ [still needed?]
readme.html [delete it]
readme.rst
run_tests.py [delete it]
setmods -> [delete it? or move it into setup.py]
Setup.in -> buildconfig
setup.py
Setup_Darwin.in -> buildconfig
Setup_Unix.in -> buildconfig
Setup_Win_Common.in -> buildconfig
setup_win_common.py -> buildconfig
version.py.in [delete it]
WHATSNEW [move it to documentation, a releases section]