[pygame] pygame-1.1 source available

Pete Shinners writes:
 > ok, pygame-1.1 is officially done. you can directly
 > download the source from here...
 > http://www.pygame.org/ftp/pygame-1.1.zip
 > http://www.pygame.org/ftp/pygame-1.1.tar.gz
 >
 > stay tuned this weekend as compiled packages become
 > available. i'll be getting a windows installer ready,
 > and i'm guessing some .DEBs and .RPMs will be appearing
 > in short order.

pygame RPMs are available (for now) in contrib:

http://www.pygame.org/ftp/contrib/pygame-1.1-1.src.rpm
http://www.pygame.org/ftp/contrib/pygame-doc-1.1-1.i386.rpm
http://www.pygame.org/ftp/contrib/pygame-python20-1.1-1.i386.rpm
http://www.pygame.org/ftp/contrib/pygame-python21-1.1-1.i386.rpm

I imagine Pete will move them to www.pygame.org/ftp when he gets a
chance. Note that there are two actual binary rpms; one for users of
Python 2.0, and one for users of Python 2.1.  Only install one of
them.  As usual, if you have any problems with dependencies or
anything, grab the src.rpm and create your own binaries with

rpm --rebuild pygame-1.1-1.src.rpm

I'd like to repeat my request for someone to take over pygame RPM
packaging.  I run Debian now, and don't have access to an
rpm-dependent machine (I can only create these packages with a little
black magic).  As a result, I can't test these packages - I have no
idea whether or not they work.  The pygame project deserves better -
if you have an rpm system (Redhat or Mandrake), please consider taking
them off my hands.  I'll be happy to teach you how to do updates and
releases - it's a great way to give back to the pygame project.

--
David Clark
silenus@telus.net