RE: [pygame] PyGame on PS2

>Numeric might be tough to do. it needs support for floats, and if PS2
>uses different integer sizes for short and long that might be trouble?
>i didn't think PS2 could do floats (maybe that was PS1?) or perhaps
>they are emultated on PS2 linux?

Ps2 is very good at floating point stuff. I think the problem might be the compiler.
This is from Numeric readme and sgi and ps2 have similar cpu.

===> Silicon Graphics bug:
    Due to a bug in the SGI compiler's handling of complex
    variables, you must build your *python* without optimization
    on a certain file. Consult the Python installation instructions
    for the details.

>btw, solarwolf only runs at 800x600 currently. i'm not sure if that will
>even run on the PS2?

With a monitor I should be able to get higher resolutions.

>the 'autoconfig' stuff might not run too well on ps2 linux. that shouldn't
>be anything you need to fight. just "hand edit" the 'Setup' file in the
>pygame source directory. all config info goes into that 'Setup'. from there
>you shouldn't need to change the actual 'setup.py' script.

I haven't touched the Setup file. I'm having problems with python 2.1 not pygame.
I'm looking at the python mailing list to see if I can find something.

Cheers,

Gianluca