[pygame] volume change with pygame.mixer.music.set_volume(val)

Hello all.

After a rather long development pause pyzzle development is back on. (-:

yea for the mid year break.

I work on getting pyzzle working correctly with pygame-1.5 and ran into the problem of:

When trying to set a specific volume for music with a call to pygame.mixer.music.set_volume(vol) for any value of vol > 0.0 it plays the music at full volume or if vol is set to 0.0 no music can be heard.

Its one of those all or nothing problems.

Im using SDL && SDL_mixer 1.2.2 with python2.2.1.

im a little stumped by this problem.

If you want a look at my code download via cvs from:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.pyzzle.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/pyzzle login

and

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.pyzzle.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/pyzzle co pyzzle-cvs

the sound.py file in /enginecode dir is where all the action takes place.

Note ive got a quick solution impelemented by just using a sound file with lower a level set.

Thanks
Andy