[pygame] pygame on Mac OS X bug: "Python has unexpectedly quit"

Hi,

When I run any pygame script on my Mac OS X machine, I get a "The
application Python has unexpectedly quit." error dialog box when the
program quits (expectedly).  This is a fairly minimal program that gets
the error:

import pygame
pygame.display.init()
pygame.display.set_mode((640,480),0,0)
pygame.quit()

(The pygame.display.init() and pygame.quit() calls don't affect whether
I get the error or not.)

Does anyone (everyone?) else using pygame on Mac OS X get this?  Any
suggestions as to what's going wrong? I could speculate that the calls
made from base.c to SDLmain.m aren't properly shutting down the Cocoa
application, but since I know absolutely nothing about Objective C and
other Mac OS X stuff, I won't! :)

Cryptic message from Console.log:
/Applications/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/python: objc: FREED(id): message
release sent to freed object=0x249aef0

Versions:
Mac OS X 10.1.4
Python 2.2.1 with Tkinter