[pygame] python, games and the web.

Hi All. I am seriously looking at making a 'program your robot' (ROBOSOCCER) type game in python for a major assignment at school.
While I would love to use pygame, I would like this game to be played over the web, in a browser window without any uncommon plugins.

The problem I am facing is that I need a way to execute python code on the client's computer (Using Jython?) or on the server. I have no idea about executing complex python code on a standard server but I can guess it would be a can of worms. (Any ideas???)

At the moment the possibilities are.
Your standard Download and play game, load the game full screen, it talks to a online database and your robots can play eachother. The game is written in python and there would be no problem executing python code for the robots.

The Web option is only an idea, It might not even work.
User robot scripts are written using python in a web based form, this is uploaded to a database.
To execute the game one of the users goes to a page that has a java applet that runs Jython, executes the code and uploads a finished 'game' file to the database.
The game can then be viewed over the web using flash. Flash would load in the tiny game file and represent the match graphicly as an animation (Like watching sports tv)

I hope to go with the web option because anyone would be able to go to the website to see how there robot went in a game from any pc with the flash plugin, this would also provide an online dev environment.

I am looking for advice at the moment so I thaught I woud put the feelers out.

Ragards Campbell
http://www.linuxmail.org/