Re: [pygame] road to 1.6

Pete Shinners wrote on 2003-06-06:

> i'm beginning pygame on the road to the overdue pygame-1.6.

Great! ;-)

> now is the time to speak up for any missing features. and please
> remind me if i've left something out!

I'd like to see some automatic dirty-rectangle tracking or anything
else that allows to know what areas have changed in a surface.  See
the thread

http://archives.seul.org/pygame/users/Feb-2003/msg00080.html

I'd be happy with any of the ideas there -- if anybody has more use
cases, please comment on this.  I still think the most flexible thing
to go is to allow any callable to be called when an area of a surface
is touched.  For example creating a rectangle and using it's
`.union_update()` method is a simple way to get the bounding box of
the updates since it was created; a list's `.append` method would give
you all dirty rectangles (some rectangle-set manipulation utils could
be handy but that's the next stage of sophistication).

--
Beni Cherniavsky <cben@users.sf.net>