[pygame] road to 1.6

i'm beginning pygame on the road to the overdue pygame-1.6. this weekend i'll be compiling all the pygame code and patches hanging around into a 1.5.6 release. that shoud be officially packaged early this week. once that has settled i'll be pushing 1.6 out the door. which should be the 'gold standard' pygame to which all will be compared.

from 1.5.5 here's the new features coming in 1.5.6
font refcount free bug
Font.render() won't crash on empty string
antialiased line drawing (Jorge Gonzalez)
OSX patches (Andrew Straw)
Sprite and Group now new-style classes on Python2.2+
fix first calls to time.delay() and time.wait()
load Fonts from any python file-like object
Clock.tick() bug was delaying double, aargh
image.tostring() works with opengl display
remove alpha strangeness (found by Derek Simkowiak)
fix small math problem on windows (Brett Calcott)
Rects can be pickle'd
draw.arc() (Lalo Martins)
set_palette_at() now works for the 0 index

there's a few things left i need to add
fix doc building tool for sprite classes
add Tom Chance's excellent tutorial
system font finder

i'll mainly be taking Anthony Baxter's keen work on locating system TTF files and creating a consistent interface across platforms. we only have unix/windows for this. i'm sure we can get an OSX version pretty quick, once the interface is in place.

1.5.6 will mainly be the release candidate for 1.6. now is the time to speak up for any missing features. and please remind me if i've left something out!