Re: [pygame] Animation softwase in python.

> campbell barton wrote:
> > Hi all. Im going to write an animation program in pygame a bit like flash/director with a score, stage, drawing tools etc.
> > This will be a major project for my diploma of multimedia.
> >
> > I use flash every day, and have found it unstable when working with large aniamtions and complex vectors and in general badly suited to large animations.
> >
> > I am going to create an animation program that
> > -Makes use of openGL for fast graphics
> > -Tweening
> > -Supports 'Real' shape tweening
> > -Bones
> > -Movie clips
> > -Modular design with plugin support.
> > -XML file format
> > -Support for large files/animations
> > -Drawing tools.
> > -Easy to extend
> > -Smallish codebase
> > -Audio (later)
> >
> > I would like to write a high quality opensource 2d animation program because there are none that exist. (can't count gimp or blender)
>
> If you are going to all this trouble, why not make it a 3d animation
> format? This would involve a little more complexity in the geometry and
> drawing code, but would be more generally applicable. 2d could just be a
> degenerate case of 3d support.
>
> -d

I disagree. 3D and 2D animation are both needed.

When animating in 3D you rely on the software to be able to render your scene "The way you want it".
You might know how you want the end result to look and be able to draw it but not know how to create it in 3D.
The whole process for creating a 2D animation is so vastly different form 3D that some situations are better suited to 2D animation.

Anyway if you want to use a good 3D animation program then use blender.

http://www.linuxmail.org/