Re: [pygame] GIMP-like image enhancement?

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, Derek Simkowiak wrote:

> Jasper Phillips wrote:
> > Does anyone know of another (preferably LGPL) python library with similar
> > functionality?  Noisify, Guassian Blur, Bump Map, etc.
>
> 	Check out PIL: Python Imaging Library.  Also, look in the some of the
> 	Python library sites.  E.g.:

Thanks for the tip!  I had briefly glanced through the docs for PIL (which
I've used a bit), but didn't see anything.  I now see there's a line that
lists a set of filters:
http://www.pythonware.com/library/pil/handbook/imagefilter.htm

It's a rather small set of filters, but looks like it might be a good
foundation for expirimentation.

> http://py.vaults.ca/parnassus/apyllo.py?i=302299380

I didn't see anything interesting there, aside from PIL.  Plus there's no
easy way to filter out the chaff.

> 	And Google more often.  :)

I didn't have much luck googling either.

-Jasper