[pygame] Font problem, etc.

Hello. I've just started using Pygame and I have a few questions.

1) When testing if the Font module will work in Pygame, it returns 0. I have all dependencies installed. I'm on Mac OS X 10.3.4. Any help for this?

2) I've actually also just started using Python, so some links to tutorials about Python itself would be appreciated.

3) Is there anything else besides Python and Pygame that might be useful to me in making an isometric puzzle/maze/adventure game? I've got Pyplace, however having some trouble installing it. I can supply details as needed on this problem.

Ratchet
---

Are YOU a Good Person? Go here: http://www.wayofthemaster.com/wotm_flash.html