[pygame] Displaying real time streaming images

Hi,

newbie question; how do I go about displaying arbitrary images coming in over a socket as they arrive. I see PIL has some functions to read from a buffer and has a parser to convert different formats, but I am at a loss how to fit it all together as I am still learning. Also I suspect it can be done solely in pygame?

Can someone help me out on this, so I can understand what's needed? Maybe there's an example somewhere that I haven't found?

Thanks,

Arthur