Re: [pygame] Serial Cable Chat Program

>Well, it looks like you also have the opportunity to use an ethernet
>hub.  That opens your possibility set up a bit.

That's helpful, but it assumes a connection to "localhost" and says
nothing about how to connect, specifically, to a machine that yours is
linked to. My own searching suggests I should get either an Ethernet hub
or simply an Ethernet cable, and plug the two computers together. They're
then supposed to automatically assign themselves IP addresses. Assuming
that works, how within Python can I figure out what host/port to connect
to? I've already got a Sockets-based program that can connect as a client
or server to "localhost," but don't know where I'd aim it for two linked
machines.

>The judges are going to connect via telnet and talk to your
>system. You provide the server only...

The main program doesn't even need to use telnet; it can be a stand-alone
program on one machine, that just looks like it isn't. The problem is that
it needs a "matching comm program," a two-computer chat program that has
the exact same interface.

Kris