Re: [pygame] Serial Cable Chat Program

> http://loebner.net/Prizef/2005_Contest/2005_Rules.txt

I skimmed the rules and I interpret them this way: it's a classic Turing
intelligence test, where judges talk to your program and see how "human"
it seems. The judges are going to connect via telnet and talk to your
system. You provide the server only, though if you really want to
provide a client on your own computer you can.

> "Easily implemented communications" means
> directly connecting two computers with a cable having standard plugs or
> connecting each to an Ethernet hub.

That Ethernet hub part sounds like network sockets to me.

> Computer Entry must respond CHARACTER BY CHARACTER
> rather than buffering output.

I interpret this to mean that your program has to output text as though
someone was typing. Your system wouldn't look much like a human if it
spat out a paragraph in two seconds.

> I have no idea how I would "configure the machines' IP addresses" for a
> Sockets connection. Ideas?

IP address configuration is part of the operating system, not part of
your program. It would be pretty useless to have an ethernet hub if IP
addresses weren't configured. IP address configuration is almost as
fundamental as configuring the system to work with your monitor; I can't
imagine them not doing it.

--
  The U.S. military has imprisoned thousands of Afghanis and other
  Arabs without trial since 2001. But on the good side, it released