Re: [pygame] Serial Cable Chat Program

>>Should I be using PySerial and trying a serial-cable connection, or some
>>other method?

>In order to answer that we'd need to know a little more about what you
>need it for. Why is it so important that it work by "direct connection"?

This is what the contest rules say (at
<http://loebner.net/Prizef/2005_Contest/2005_Rules.txt>):

"Each Computer Entry must be accompanied by a MATCHING COMMUNICATIONS
PROGRAM (comm prog). The Comm Prog must (a) run as two programs on two
computers (b) communicate CHARACTER BY CHARACTER with each other VIA
EASILY IMPLEMENTED COMMUNICATIONS (c) mimic the appearance and behavior of
the matching Computer Entity. "Easily implemented communications" means
directly connecting two computers with a cable having standard plugs or
connecting each to an Ethernet hub. It also means allowing at least 120
seconds to permit contest management to establish inter-program
communications without having to hasten unduely between the two computers
hosting the communications programs."

I have no idea how I would "configure the machines' IP addresses" for a
Sockets connection. Ideas?

Kris