Re: [pygame] Gui

Bob Ippolito wrote:

On Jun 25, 2005, at 10:34 PM, iceagelabs@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I would like to add a GUI to make it easier to program my game engine.I was going to use Tkinter and Pygame together,but I found out that they don't seem to play well together.So my question is :do I try to use Pygame for the Gui, or do I use Tkinter,or could someone suggest a Gui toolkit that works good with Pygame?

It's not technically possible to have a cross-platform GUI toolkit that works well with pygame UNLESS the toolkit is also written in pygame. Effectively, if you want multiple windows and native widgets, you can't use pygame.

There are platform-specific exceptions (i.e. you can use Cocoa with pygame on Mac OS X, just not in the same window), but SDL (the toolkit behind the core of pygame) makes no guarantees about any compatibility with other toolkits now or in the future and it doesn't currently allow for multiple windows.

-bob

Not to major a problem.The main engine isn't in Pygame.Pygame links to the engine.I could use Tkinter to program the engine,then the Pygame program loads it as a module.Easy solution.First step for me, learn Tkinter.
See yall
John