Re: [pygame] Fullscreen on second monitor.

Mikael Moutakis wrote:
Pardon my newbie question. I've just started with PyGame, but could not find any information in the documentation regarding my question.

Is it possible to choose which monitor to use a display on? I would like to set the display to fullscreen on my second monitor in Windows.

Is it possible, or will a screen always use the primary monitor in Windows?

PyGame looks great. I think is marvelous that there are programmers out there who take their time to make such tools for free.

/Mikael Moutakis

That's not a newbie question.
SDL automatically draws to the primary monitor, so you may find an environment variable
where you can tell SDL to draw to the secondary monitor, but I'm 95% sure that one doesn't exist
and SDL just always uses the primary monitor.
So it's not a limitation of pygame but rather of the underlying C library.

A post on some forum:

It seems like a lot of work has to be done to make SDL
support dual monitors (at least on winXP).
Another problem with this is that many graphic adapters only support directx
on the primary display. So trying to fullscreen a window on a non-primary
monitor is tricky!

I don't think that you'll be able to get a secondary display going. If you find out how, please tell me, though!
I tried to do this a few months ago and couldn't figure out how.
Good luck.

Maybe it works if you compile SDL with Windib target instead of DirectX.