Re: [pygame] 64 bit patch

On Fri, 2006-06-09 at 18:48 -0700, Christopher Stone wrote:
> I package pygame for Fedora and I have a 64-bit patch against the
> 1.7.1 release located here:

Things have changed a bit against the code in the repository. There were
errors in overlay.c, but the rest seems to apply with some offsets here
and there. I want to hand review the results and hand apply the overlay
changes. I should have time this weekend.

> Also, under Fedora, we cannot allow ffmpeg to be compiled into pygame
> due to patent reasons or something, so I have to configure it without
> ffmpeg.  This causes a problem because the configure script prompts
> the user if it is okay that this package is missing.  In the Fedora

The configure system builds a simple flat text file. I would do the
configure once manually, and then ship the desired config file as a
patch. The file you are looking for is named "Setup". This comes from
the "Setup.in" file, which is commented and easily followable. In fact,
the ffmpeg based movie is always commented out by default. You have to
manually edit the file and enable the "movieext" line to get it.