Re: [pygame] Incarnation

Peter Shinners wrote:
On Sat, 2006-06-10 at 10:10 -0700, Kamilche wrote:
I've just got my online game 'Incarnation' into alpha. You're welcome to come logon and check it out!
More details can be found at http://www.kamilche.org

Yeah, I got and and could jump around. The screens are pretty, and I did enjoy the rain and fog effects. The artwork is impressive, what tools are being used for the environments? I liked all the diverse areas.

Although I couldn't make much sense of the walking room to room. I think
I ended up in a sort of dead end on the other side of the desert screens
where there are stacked women.

Ah, I'm glad someone got on. She's actually a tree... animation isn't in, and I'm figuring out the best size to render the avatars at. Having a static tree that looks like a woman is handy for that.

Don't forget to check out the many worldbuilding tools! If you click the 'go home' button, you can access them, and decorate to your heart's content. The 'edit screen' button lets you set the perspective and horizon line.

Uh, the game is down too much because I have a sucky satellite connection. I'm getting a dedicated dialup line on Tuesday... it should be up pretty much all the time then unless I'm working on it.

There's actually a complete Mahjongg game coded in there that's fun to play, but it's disabled right now because I don't own the graphics. I have an artist working up a custom tileset, and when he's done, we'll be able to play that game again. It's the first game coded up so far.

Maybe tomorrow I'll get animation in. Every day brings new major changes... it was great fun putting in the rain, fog, shadows, and sound effects! :-D

--Kamilche