Re: [pygame] pygame slow on linux (ubuntu)

On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 23:12 -0400, talon spotter wrote:
> I am writing a space invaders style game, and it works well on
> windows. When I tried the game
> under ubuntu linux(dapper), it was noticeably slow. After some
> googling, I found this:
> http://www.libsdl.org/pipermail/sdl/2006-May/074254.html

I don't think this is specifically a Ubuntu problem. I've been running
Ubuntu awhile. It's been a long time since I was worried about my
framerates under pygame.

One guess would be there is a difference in the display depth. Make sure
you are calling convert() on loaded images so they match the display for
fast blitting. Your windows may be running in 24bit while ubuntu is
running 16bit.