Re: [pygame] Best 3d library.

On which platform did you try Panda3D. On Windows it's an installer taking care of the rest (until you want to compile it yourself).

OpenGL is quite low-level, if you want to focus on your game instead, go either with Panda3D (very pythonic, my personal favorite) or Ogre3D (very mature, probably already useful for even commercial game development or at least nearly there).

Soya would probably be nice, but I couldn't get it to run also.

Anyways, totally depends on what you want to do.

Hope that helps,
Kaweh