Re: [pygame] Best 3d library.

On 17.06.2006, at 01:25, Adam wrote:
What is with panda and having it's own python?

On Windows they provide everything someone would need to get Panda3D running - including Python. Giving their current main target audience that seems rather practical.

I do not know how the situation is exactly on Linux, but on OS X (which I have created a preliminary package for - have a look at http://knuddl.net/moin.cgi/InstallPanda3d if you are interested) you can just use it from the Python version it has been linked against. I'm using the Universal Binary (though on PPC) and have no problems. There is no need for a special Python version on OS X and I assume that's the same on Linux.

Cheers,
Kaweh