Re: [pygame] Frantic (again)

Sure, but in real time that kills CPU.  I'm doing it with pre-rendered
sprites (using a particle renderer in Blender).

Memory vs. CPU.

I did a simple real-time OpenGL astronomy simulation/game for an
observatory a couple years back.  Their archaic machines locked up on
some pretty simple animations.   I did another pre-rendered Blender
movie for them and it ran like a dream.   At least in that instance
their machiens were memory rich and CPU poor.   Since then I've somewhat
counted on that scenario for older configurations.