Re: [pygame] learning pygame: what to focus for a board game?

"Laura Creighton" <lac@xxxxxxxxxx> clarified:
> In the corner of the world I live in, the phrase 'Design Patterns'
> only refers to the ones in the Design Pattern Catalog -- i.e.
> chapters 3, 4, and 5. There are only 23 of them (unless you enclude
> the ones Vlissides found in Pattern Hatching).  MVC -- which I had
> forgotten was mentioned on page 4 -- is considered too big a thing to
> be one pattern.  You find lots of the 'design patterns' as part of
> Smalltalks MVC.
>
> I suppose other corners of the world have other linguistic conventions.

I understand. I'm inclined to be a little more inclusive in my use of the
phrase. Zachary Booth Simpson, for example, presented a talk about
patterns that come up in developing computer games at the 1999 Game
Developer Conference:

http://www.mine-control.com/zack/patterns/gamepatterns.html

There's also some use of the notion of patterns in game design (useful,
but not what we're talking about):

http://www.amazon.com/Patterns-Game-Design-Development/dp/1584503548
http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20020313/kreimeier_01.htm
http://www.gamedesignpatterns.org/