Re: [pygame] Playing mp3s

On Saturday 16 June 2007 04:59:47 pm Ulf Ekström wrote:
> > Of course, after you install MP3 support you should be able to compile
> > pygame and sdl mixer yourself with mp3 support. Which is made very easy
> > if you use a source-based distro. :p
>
> Yeah, but it means that the game cannot be included (with mp3 support)
> in many common distros. And I suppose that you need to buy a license
> for playing mp3's if the game ever goes commercial.
>
> Regards,
> Ulf

True. Also, I'd just go with .ogg format because the same file encoded in .ogg
on my computer took up literally half of the size. I plan on re-encoding all
of my files to .ogg later, but I don't want to end up having to retag them
all...

Oops, went a little off-topic there. :P

You should really consider using .ogg though. Or, if you're into lossless, a
FLAC is fine too.