Re: [pygame] Text-Based RPG

On Jun 18, 2007, at 9:29 AM, Jonah Fishel wrote:

I've been away from Python for several months. I just came back to it, to start working on a text-based RPG. To get started, I decided to move by rooms. I have separate text files for each major message, to conserve file space. What troubles me is that when I tested it, whenever I enter anything into the command line, it says 'Invalid command' which I included as an error message. Here is where I think the trouble is:

Perhaps command has a trailing newline?

try this:

def command_line():
    command = raw_input('>>> ').strip()