Re: [pygame] Text-Based RPG

On Jun 18, 2007, at 9:41 AM, Jonah Fishel wrote:

Nope. Sorry. I'm new to Python- what does strip() do?

strip() trims leading and trailing whitespace. In any case my suggestion won't work, because as Will pointed out, the command_line () function doesn't return anything. Try this:

def command_line():
    return raw_input('>>> ').strip()

And would this be easier to write in HTML?

As separate html pages for each room/action? I would think not. I would think programatically generating the pages would be easier, and would be infinitely more flexible. This a web-based game?

-Casey